A work-in-progress on a realistic driving simulator with a powertrain, suspension, and tire simulation written in GDScript.
Drive in a free session, race against the CPU(s), or race a friend in two-player split screen. Race around a circuit, or in a neverending high speed drag. Scale slopes with 4WD. Dart around cones and barriers, or test your drifting skills.
- Advanced simulation compared to Godot's built-in Vehicle nodes
- Detailed drivetrain model including multiple differential types, clutch torque effects, and automatic shift logic
- Custom suspension and tire model accounting for details like suspension geometry and tire flex, including a live display of forces (Ctrl+F)
- Adjustable steering feedback and assistance for a range of playstyles
- Create and share your own autocross/gymkhana or drifting courses
- Zero to two players; up to six vehicles with CPU drivers
- Four tracks/maps and five vehicles to choose from
- Night driving/racing and more, with 24-hour lighting, weather options, and simulated cycles for the sun, moon, and stars
- Analog gamepad support and an in-game menu for rebinding controls